John 10:10-11 (NKJV)
10 The theif does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for his sheep”
The devil comes to Steal, Kill, and Destroy, but JESUS comes to give abundant life! These two verses show a very strong contrast — Life vs. Death — Which one will you choose!
Who are we in Christ?
We need to know who we are in Jesus in order to experience His Abundant Life! Let’s look at some scriptures that reveal who we are in Christ!
2nd Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
1. We are new creations – Old things are gone; all things are brand new (Spirit-level)
2nd Corinthians 5:21
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
2. We are God’s righteousness birthed in Jesus. (We live and operate in God’s righteousness!)
1st Corinthians 2:16
16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.
3. We have the mind of Christ (we’re called to think and speak like Jesus – nothing is impossible)
1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,
2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
4. We’ve been made alive in Christ (our Spirit has been energized to live in the Zoe life of God)
5. We’re no longer caught in sin, trespasses, the course of this world; we’re free of the ways of the world — flesh and soul-realm!
6. We’re seated in authority — the heavenly places where Jesus sits and reigns. (sin has no more dominion over us)
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
7. We are complete in Jesus — the fullness of God resides within us.
1st John 4:4
4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
8. We have overcome the world, the devil and all that he represents.
9. The greater one (the Holy Spirit) lives within us and empowers us.
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
1 Comment to “Live vs. Death — Your Choice”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Search the site
Join us for Service
Foundational Truths 9:15 am
Morning Service 10 am
Bible Study 7 pm
Prayer Service 7 pm
Watch the Live Webcast
- ~ Prayer
- Read more »